CMC Chamber Orchestras, led by conductor, Sibylle Johner, offer an exciting and rich experience for the orchestral musician. Three different levels are offered to enable constant growth and inspiration. CMC Camerata repertoire includes the masterpieces by giants such as Beethoven, Mozart, and Mendelssohn. Camerata Prep prepares students for entry in Camerata. Our youngest orchestra, Divertimento, performs works by composers such as Peter Martin, Karl Jenkins, Mozart and Bach.
Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. –
Camerata Prep Orchestra
Students preparing for Camerata Saturdays, 12:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Intermediate level students
Saturdays, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m
Rehearsals take place at:
The National Opera Center America
330 Seventh Avenue (between 28th and 29th St.)
- Students must have a private teacher for their audition instrument.
- Private teachers must give consent for their student to enroll.
- Students should have previous ensemble experience, i.e. orchestra, piano ensemble, choir, etc.
- Student must demonstrate proficiency appropriate for their age in technique, musicianship, note reading skills.
- Ages 8 - 25.
- Guidelines for orchestra participation can be found here.
For a full list of participation fees, please visit our fees page.
Applications are now open for CMC Season 2018-2019. Once your application and application fee is received you will be invited to sign up for a live audition
All applicants are expected to perform a live audition consisting of:
- A short Solo piece of choice
- Two Scales and arpeggios of your choice
- Short sight-reading excerpts
- Orchestral excerpt assigned prior to audition
CMC has limited financial aid for need-based students. To be considered please fill out an application. Preference will be given to applications received before September 8, 2018.
Past repertoire for Camerata and Prep Orchestra includes
Dvorak Symphony No. 9 "From the New World"
Copland Billy the Kid
Beethoven Symphony No. 7
Copland Appalachian Spring
Barber Adagio for Strings
Mendelssohn Symphony No. 3 "Scottish Symphony"
Beethoven Symphony No. 4
Mozart Symphony No. 40
Holst St. Paul Suite
Grieg Holberg Suite
Past repertoire for Divertimento Orchestra includes:
Vivaldi Concerto Grosso, Op. 3 No. 2
Corelli Concert Grosso Op. 6, No. 2
Brahms Hungarian Dance No. 5