CMC SUMMER 2018 at the Masters School
- Students must have a private teacher for their audition instrument
- Private teachers must give consent for their student to enroll
- Students should have previous ensemble experience, i.e. orchestra, piano ensemble, choir, etc.
- Student must demonstrate proficiency appropriate for their age in technique, musicianship, note reading skills
- The minimum age is third grade or 8 years old
Guidelines for levels:
- Ages 8 - 10 should be in Suzuki Book 3 or equivalent and be able to sight-read an easy Klengel Piano Trio
- Ages 11 - 13 should be at the level of Suzuki Book 4 or equivalent and be able to sight-read an easy Clementi Trio
- Ages 14 - 18 should be at Beethoven Sonata level or equivalent and be able to sight-read a Mozart Piano Trio.
- A solo piece of your choice
- Two scales of your choice
- Short sight-reading excerpts
Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Artistic Director .