In order to play chamber music, young musicians must build skills and develop themselves as musicians first. We know, at CMC, that the better you get at your instrument, the more fun you can have playing chamber music. That’s why we are presenting CMC SOLOS - concerts for the young musician to try out their solo pieces in a supportive environment. Each session will be monitored by a faculty member and each performer will receive comments to help them grow as performing artists. Participants sign up for the year and are guaranteed 4 performances. CMC SOLOS is open to all musicians who would like to develop their performing abilities. Non-CMC students pay a slightly higher fee.
Performances take place on Saturdays at 5:00 pm in the Rehearsal Hall at:
The National Opera Center
330 7th Ave between 28th and 29th St.
See: Dates for CMC SOLOS
To apply for CMC SOLOS for your FIRST performance, HERE is the application.
Participation fee for the year:
$90.00 for CMC students
$120.00 for non-CMC students
Send a check to The Chamber Music Center of New York 299 Riverside Dr. #8E New York, NY 10025.
Or use the paypal link below (slightly higher fee)
Are you ready for your next SOLOS performance? Sign up HERE for additional SOLOS performance.
If you need an accompanist, Ai Isshiki is the official CMC accompanist. Arrangements and payment will be made directly through her.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations must be made one week in advance of the CMC SOLOS concert. Late cancellations will be counted as one of the four guaranteed performances. If the reason is an unexpected emergency or illness, we will make all attempts at putting you on the wait-list for the next concert.
Guidelines are as follows:
- Pieces should be polished and performance ready.
- Music must be memorized.
- Presentation is expected, i.e. bow before playing, bow after playing.
- Consent of the private teacher for each performance is required.
- Dress should be presentable "relaxed" concert clothing - NO JEANS, NO SNEAKERS, NO SWEATSHIRTS. Nice shirts and pants for guys, dress pants, skirts, dresses for girls.
- Pieces exceeding 8 minutes need to be approved by Mary Jo Pagano
- All accompanied pieces must have an accompanist.
- Performers and their parents must stay to the end of the concert to support and encourage all students.