GUIDELINES for Youth and Teen Chamber Music
- Students must have a private teacher for the instrument on which they are auditioning.
- Private teachers must give their consent for their student to participate in chamber music.
- Students must have previous ensemble experience, i.e. orchestra, piano ensemble, flute, choir, etc.
- Student must demonstrate proficiency appropriate for their age in technique, musicianship, note reading skills.
- The minimum age is third grade or 8 years old.
- Students should have studied their instrument for a minimum of three years.
Guidelines for levels:
- Ages 8 - 10 should be in Suzuki Book 3 or equivalent and be able to sight-read an easy Klengel Piano Trio
- Ages 11 - 13 should be at the level of Suzuki Book 4 or equivalent and be able to sight-read an easy Clementi Trio
- Ages 14 - 18 should be at Beethoven Sonata level or equivalent and be able to sight-read a Mozart Piano Trio.
Exceptions will be made at the discretion of the Artistic Director .